------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, August 24, 2007

Lots of Retake!!! Why! I'm tired!



After client saw most of my animations, he told my boss that the robots punching and action stuff doesn't look like the old Votoms style. To them now it looks like Gundam style. According to them, one of the difference is, Gundam usually uses one hand handling the long warrior gun, whereas Votoms usually use both hands carrying, etc etc....

Sigh~ They should have told and explained well to my boss before passing the storyboard to me for animation. And I have trusted fully my boss about the details of the characters. Now that I have to redo most of the animations based on the reference video client just gave us.
I put so much sweat and sleepless hours last week, and now my repay is some should-have-been-avoidable Retakes! Arrrh ~
If I capable to converse fluently in Jap, I would have directly gathered information by myself from the clients, like I did in my former jobs back in Singapore. Sigh ~
Well, anyway, looking at the bright side again, lucky I haven't finished all, especially the main fighting scenes. If not, I sure spill blood on this blog to let you see! (-_-)"

Even the humans emotion scenes also got retake, almost all got retakes..... I remember I asked clearly in the first day about the characteristics of the girl, and my boss told me she's weak and soft person. She looks sad n stuff. Ok, I got all the information I need into my head and started animate. Finished, and now client told him that she should be having cool & strong characteristics. WHAT?! So big different leh! I said that loud inside my head of course, with a reluctant smile with one side drowning.

Looks like my boss also not very sure or even didn't do much study about this Votoms before passing to me on the first day. Sigh.. it's part of my fault also actually. I should have asked them for video reference from the start instead of just asking my boss.
Sigh.. never mind lor... redo lor.... even with my half-closed eyes.... .... i will do this.... for TGS.... just for TGS, I "Ren"! I "Tahan"! I "Endure"! ..............................



........... I "Pengsan"! (faint) * POMP!!!
Someone come and collect my skull ashes next week ~ ......

~End~

2 comments:

studentscribbler said...

don't give up hope, don't give up on yourself, even a small humble Remy can become great.

Kent Wong (Kentimator) said...

Thanks for the encouragement boss! I'm feeling better now. hahaa.. I was a bit little frustrated when I came back home from that night. But after that night I felt better after woke up next morning. hahaa..
I will do my best! will not give up! I will stand up like Remy !!! I will make the most delicious Ratatouille !!! ~ hahaha~ p(^-^)q