------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, September 17, 2007

ファミ通のPRESS START - Symphony of Games



I just came back from an Orchestra Symphony Concert today at Yokohoma.
Famitsu had just started to organized this Symphony Concert since last year. In another words, this is the 2nd time after the success of last year one. And I was happy to realise this from the Famitsu magazine. haha...

I went there pretty early today and the queue was already long.
The hall was real big and I can say it is much bigger than the one I attended in Singapore Esplanade.

Man, I must say the performance was real real great! It was so touched to listen to such beautiful orchestra performances. And the hosts are interesting and funny too. One of the hosts is my favourite composer - Nobuo Uematsu. I didn't know that he is a funny person in reality. He's really not what he is in his age.

There were 14 themes initially, and extra 2 more Extra marvellous themes (both my favourites!).
The program list is as followed:

1) Nintendo's Super Smash Bros
2) Sony's Roco-Roco
3) アクトレイザー (ActRaiser)
4) Shooting Medley (Combination of different game companies)
5) Bandai Namco's Ace Combat Zero
6) Sony's ワンダと巨像 (Shadow of the Collossus)
7) Nintendo's Fire Emblem

8) SEGA Sound UNIT performance
9) Square Enix's Chrono Trigger
10) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
11) Nintendo's Super Mario Bros
12) Konami's Castlevania
13) Sega's サクラ大戦
14) Square Enix's Kingdom Hearts

Extra Themes:

15) Zelda
16) Final Fantasy VII (Sephiroth!) ~ specially performed together with the great band - The Black Mages.

And ALL are beautifully played! To me, the best play that touched my heart deep were: Chrono Trigger, Castlevania, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda & FFVII Sephiroth!!! Man! These favourites of mine were played perfectly well and their edited version of the orchestra were really out of my expectations! Best combination. Wonderful music combination. Simply Marvellous!!!
Great musics! Really great! If only I could share with you guys who are game music fans too.

Oh yeah, to those who knows about the Daytona guy (the one who appeared in Esplanade game symphony this year), he was there today and sang with the great band It was nice to hear the complete version. haha...

Well, conclusion, Good Game Musics! Thanks to the pros who played the orchestras. Thanks to the passionate conductor -
Taizo Takemoto. Thanks to all the talented composers, without you guys, I wouldn't have much inspirations in my fantasy world. Because of you all, I live in a Fantasy World, where not much people could understand me. muahahhahaa.....

Ok guys, pen off. Got to go sleep, tomorrow start new day in Production I.G.fx. Woohoo... Nitez! Take care my dear friends.
Coming Events to report: My new first day in Production I.G.fx, and coming Tokyo Game Show visit next weekend.
So, Stay tuned. hehe...

~End~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AH! Envy!

I missed out the Play! Symphony in Singapore.


and


All the best for your new job!