------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, August 11, 2008

3D Maps on Google Map

When my colleague showed me this in the office last week I was totally shocked. I can't believe Google Map has been developed till this level, well, when you check it out, you may see some goods and bads. So far it's good and brilliant, but bad point is, your action everyday is being watched and recorded from outer space every minute every second, ever day. Kinda scary.

Well, put aside the bad points for a minute, and lets check out the cool points of this new feature.



Below are some sample 3D view maps i attached to my blog here. Feel free to click and drag on the pictures below to view all 360 degrees. And also can move forward and backward. Have fun.

My Apartment (1st floor, far last one near the open field)


大きな地図で見る

My Working Place - Production I.G(fx)


大きな地図で見る

p/s: I believe so far only few countries are updated with these features. For example Japan and the U.S. , haven't tried other countries yet, but definitely not yet for my own country - Malaysia. Was wondering if I ever able to see my mum watering the plants at the garage. hahaha...

Although it may seem safe that Google just showed the streets only in 3D views, but in their database, I bet they definitely keep more detailed photos and records of our daily lives inside our house area far from the outer streets. Scary huh... imagine you were watched everyday. You are in the Truman Show!!! Except that your pictures and records are yet to be exposed to publics. So, make sure you pee in a "satellite-proof" toilet next time.

No comments: