------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 07, 2008

Sakura Hanami 桜花見 2008

This year I spent my Spring Sakura Hanami with my Sensei and all my fellow Art-mates.
We had a "hi-level" picnic in the big garden in Katakura near our sensei's Art Apartment. Why is it "hi-level"? Coz my sensei prepared a portable stove and tried to have simple Steamboat in the picnic. haha... It reminds me of last year when I joined my malaysian friends in Hanami picnic which also brought a portable stove to steam up the curry. haha...

Anyway, it was really a fun afternoon gathering together. My Sensei made some Onigiri (Rice Cake? "Fan Tuan" in chinese) and also prepared other delicious Bento. All the food was amazing! Yumzz! And the weather was just perfect for the picnic, and nice view of some Sakura trees. And there were moments when the sakura pedals were flying down when the wind blew. Amazing view. Seeing other families enjoying, laughing and picnic-ing around the garden makes the whole atmosphere feel so relaxing. That's the Spring spirit! hahaa... I Love Japan! hahaa... XD




All my Art-Mates, from young to old. hahaa...




Bento beautifully prepared by my Sensei. Yummzz!




Pour all the goodies into the well-known Osaka style Kamo (duck) soup.


The Steamboat was so yummy. Everyone tried to eat as much as they could.


My Sensei in pinky-blue shirt in front.


My Sensei's husband and their 4-year-old doggie - Rin Chan.




Time to go home when the weather turned cold again. Sensei (in the picture above) said "That side is the toilet, anyone wan to go?" HAhahahaa.....


~End~

No comments: