------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 02, 2006

3rd Week in Tokyo - Stressless Moment In Pantry

Today less stress. Yet, I felt glad to know few more colleagues and this time is not just "Know Know" that's all. We actually sat down had lunch & dinner and chat together in the pantry.
Thanks to my friend Boon Yik who introduced me his team members. (Why his team members are so young n fun, while my team members are so senior and serious? haha... but still ok lar, as long they are quite friendly, except that American guy in my team is so serious and don't like to smile. I greet with him is like greeting with the air... hahaa... =P)

Well, come back to my pantry story. I joined them for lunch and slowly got to chat with them. This time has less barrier due to the fact that they all know reasonable amount of english. One of them is Australian (if not mistaken). His name is Matt. The other 3 more japanese colleagues are Onaka san, Yoshi san, and another one I just knew him during the dinner time at pantry who by the way I forgot to ask his name.....hahaa...

They are fun talking with. They all are animators too. But the whole time in the pantry, we never mentioned anything about work, but just plainly talk about japanese language. Most of the time Boon Yik and I just asked them questions about japanese and learn new words from them. haha...

Later on, an Arabian colleague named Bader(animator as well), came in and joined the fun conversation. He well-versed in English and knows a bit of japanese too. He's kinda funny guy too. We really had a great session together with all the Q&A and jokes. Good thing is that all of them at least know English, therefore I can easily learn from them without much barrier. =D

Not long after Bader came in, the President of Polygon Pictures (Youza or something, i forgot his name..haha) came in to the pantry. We all started conversing and self intro. I saw him from the CG Overdrive in Singapore last July. He looked serious on his face when I saw him back in Singapore. But surprisingly, he sounds more friendly that I thought. And he is nice chatting with too, although we didn't actually chat a lot, but he did ask me where i last worked and where i from bla bla bla.... Probably becoz he's US educated also... he speaks well in English. Intially I tried to converse simply japanese with him, but ended up we talked in English. hahaa...
I think it's more comfortable for both of us. hahaha....
After that , he left. And we carried on our chat session.

We should have this type of conversation gathering once in a while, to keep the bonding among us. Hopefully. =)

Well, apart from the stressless day I had, my abdomen pain is still ON. Sigh.... Pray for me...

Cheerz

No comments: