------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Snow Ski Trip on 2nd Jan 2007 @ Niigata (新潟)

Woohoo! I never thought that I would have spent my new year on the snow mountain. hahaa...
It's really feeling great to be there. The air, the atmostphere, the people, the places, the wind are all fresh and cool. 大好きよ!I love it!!! hahaa...

There were 4 of us who shared this exciting trip. Same gang of friends that I've been hanging out for the past one week. We went for the ski trip for 2 days. Staying in a resort for one night. Everything went perfectly as scheduled. Although the first day of arrival it was drizzling on the snow mountain, we still went ahead for our first day ski despite of the rain, though I wished it could have been snow. haha...

That was the 2nd time I snow ski. My first time was in Australia about 5 years ago. hahaa... After this long period of time, I finally able to "keep in touch" with the white-nature again. hahaha.... It's really great to be here. =D

In the early moring of the first day, we met in the train station around 9am and took train to somewhere else to switch to the rapid Shinkansen (新幹線). It was cool to first experience Shinkansen. When I was in the train, I hardly feel any difference of the speed, though I know it's running fast.. haha.. But one thing for sure is that it's very smooth running. The view outside was amazing where you can see a lot of snowy mountains and some partial snowy mountains. The scenery is really cool.









































After reaching another station, we transfered to another station for the "final destination". haha. We reached the destination around noon. We walked to the resort and checked in. It was a tatami room who can fit 4 of us. And there was a Doraemon-type closet. haha...
We settled down and ate our own-brought light lunch and then go straight to the ski-rental house. In no time after the changing process, we finally touched our ski-boots on the snow.







































We started the first day on the lower part of the sloop to practise first. The more I practised, the higher sloop i got myself up to. Luckily I still remember what I've learned from the Aussie ski-trip 5 years ago. hahaa... It took me a litte while to get used to it again.

















Other than just practising, we suddenly started a snowball battle. Actually it's more like a "Ice-kacang-face-to-face" battle. haha... coz I started it first... by smashing the icy-cold ice to their faces and made them eat "ice-kacang".. muahahaha.... XD
It was fun though, and the battle last for some while. hahaa...
After the battle, 2 of the girls are up to something all of a sudden. They grabbed a snowball of ice on the ground and started to munch on it. Yulks!!! hahaha..I guess they haven't "tasted" enough from the fierce battle .. muahaha...







The day turned dark early. We didn't buy the ticket to take the cable-lift up to the mountain top coz it would be not worth it due to the fact that one ticket for full day is 4000 yen while half day is 3000 yen. By the time we finished our practising on the lower ground area, it was already around 4pm. We want to make the money worth for the value, so we decided to buy tickets and go to the top on the 2nd day.









Around evening, we ate dinner in a small cozy restaurant with special delicious food. My friend ordered something which is a bowl of rice and vege in special tea. It's something new to me. I tried it out, it was really delicious and special taste... japanese food really interesting. =D









We went back to resort after the warm dinner. I went to the Ofuro (お風呂) public bathroom to wash myself. Yeah, it's just like those you saw in the Anime or advertisement. It's self cleaning on small stool/chair on the floor and then later you "dip" yourself into the big steamy hot Onsen (温泉). Luckily that time nobody else was there. hahaa.... It would be weird for me to "bath with other guys together".... muahahaha... Anyway, the onsen was not bad, it really makes you feel relax in the hot water. Wuaaa..... it was so enjoying especially when you are alone there...hahaha... the whole tub was belonged to me... muahahaha.... XD

After the relaxing nite and cooling sleep. We started our 2nd day around 10am. Actually we wanted to wake up as early as 8am. But I guess everyone overslept. Especially me.. muahaaa...
Long story short, we reached the snow ground again with our ski boards. After a while we bought the tickets and went up to the hill with the cable-lift. Woohoo !!! The real excitement had started!











The view on the top of the mountain is super amazing!!! Though we haven't got the gut to reach the toppest area. Those areas are for advanced players. Intermediate sloops are already seemed quite scary sometimes..hahaa... but I still enjoyed very much...
We skiied down hill all the way down to the lowest ground area where we started off. IT WAS FUN!!! The speed! The cooling environment! The excitement!!! muahahaa... It's really undescribable!!! hahaha.... =D

The top hill has a big hotel there too. We skiied for few loops and we rested by walking into the hotel and took a visit. And the timing was just nice. The japanese were making fresh Japanese Nian Gao (もち).



Everyone was queueing up for the free Nian Gao. We also started lining up for it. And I ended up take 2 plates as my friend said I could demand another one when there's not many people after the first queue. hahahaa... Well, it's worth for the "thick face", coz it really tasted good! hahaha.... somemore it's freshly made by using their traditional "wooded hammer" and "wooden container". Very special and interesting indeed! =D

Wow.. I really enjoyed this trip very very much! So happy! muahahahaa... たのしかたね!ほんとに!ボオハハハハハ! XD

OK, last but not least, here's some videos I shot. Click the links below. =)

1) Beautiful Snow Scenery I
2) Beautiful Snow Scenery II
3) Small Kids On Snow

[ 終わり ]

No comments: