------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 22, 2008

My First FREE 36" Wide-Screen TV

Yeah, as stated above. I got it free.. hahaha... 36" but CRT. But well, since it's free, who cares. haha..



It started from 2 weeks ago when I intended to buy a decent 15" Flat LCD TV, so that I could watch TV and mainly play my Playstation games. Then I happened to mention that to my colleagues. And one of them, Ohno san (大野さん), was kind enough and told me that he happens to have an old 15" CRT TV which he intended to dispose it. So he said he could give it to me free. I actually didn't mind the size though. I was even happy then coz I knew I could save a big amount of money. So I accepted his offer.

Days later, he told me his TV was not in good condition, but asking me if I'm interested in another disposal of 36" Flat-screen but CRT TV. It was from another studio's boss which next to ours. And it happened that Ohno san heard that disposal news from his friend who are working in that studio too. The timing was perfect.

I was shocked by hearing that size initially. I never own such big TV before, yet I was excited too coz I kept imagining the big screen of watching movie at home and playing games. That would be fantastic! haha..

Well, long story short, Ohno san helped me getting the TV on his car and drove me back to my house and together we carried such big bulky antique into my house. We were helped by another colleague of mine who is a Korean, Dwight. Even with the strength of 3 of us, it was still freaking heavy. I was glad that Dwight came join us, since we all live quite near to each other in the same area. I'm so glad to know such kind friends. ほんとにありがとうね!大野さん、ドワイト!

Well, back to my BIG TV. hahaa.. It was really cool. I tried playing games and watching DVD at the same night. The feeling of watching on big screen was fantastic! haha... The TV have tonnes of special functions too. It supports dual-screen. Which means, I could watch 2 channels at the same time by spliting into 2 screens. hahaa.. I can even play games at one side, watching TV on the other side. haha... And it's so cool to watch DVD in wide screen mode too. hahaa.. man, i should have brought my Lord of the Ring DVD here... that will show fantastically great on the screen. hahaa...

Well, I sure will bring some of my favourite collections from my hometown when I return this coming April and May. Oh yeah, side track a bit, I have officially booked air tickets to go back KL and SG for 2 weeks vacation from 25th Apr - 7th May. This time I will land in Singapore first. Then spend one week in KL, and go down to Singapore for another week. After 2 weeks, I will depart from Singapore Changi again and back to Tokyo. Well, hope to catch up with you guys soon. Can't wait! ;)
Till then, take care everyone!

Ok, I gotta get back to my games now! Just bought 2 PS2 games today. kekekeke....

Cheers

No comments: